My Ex has taken both girls into work today. He will probably bring them back before the end of the real work day. They can be exhausting. He is taking them on the usual 2 weeks of vacation this summer but this year he is learning to deal with the diabetes and he'll need to take more care. Under normal health, he got tired fairly quickly. The girls are unlimited in energy when you travel or do something new. I feed on this energy with them but when I tire out I tell them whereas he will not. I hoping they have a good time today. I usually take them to work with me but they spend so much time there as it is I suggested their Dad.
I've changed the layout of my blocks again. I've chosen the Barn Raising layout and I've started sewing so I cannot change my mind again. I'm going to have blocks left over because I've decided I want a medallion in the center and several borders. I've already cut one set of borders so there is no turning back. I drive myself crazy with changing my mind on projects. I didn't use to be this bad about doing that. It must be an aging thing with me. Anyway, the girls love the new setup and the extra blocks will get used for something. I have another day of sewing in peace and quiet so I'm back to it.
6 comments:
Cathy, I love this setting. And if the girls like it too, my friend that is great. Sometimes I will make myself going crazy thinking of all the different layouts and then I feel so good after I made a decision and just sewed the blocks together.
I honestly had it laid out in about 6 different ways. I could not decide and kept telling myself I was making it harder than needed. I was breathing normally after sewing the rows together and deciding that if the triangles were not sharp enough it was OKAY. I won't even tell you how I labored over the points being perfect. I decided to take the plunge and not care so much so I would actually enjoy myself.
I'm glad you started it so you cna't change your mind about it now.
I'm the same way about stuff, theres SO many different ways what if this way is better, or that way, or how about this!!! You will drive yourself crazy.
I think it's very nice!
I like the red in that quilt Cathy. There is something so satisfying about quilting isn't there?
Your ex sounds like a responsible guy. I'm sure he and they will be fine.
My ex really tries to be a good dad. He's not always on the mark but I'm still coaching him. He's just not very good at saying no to the girls.
Post a Comment