
It's cool and rainy today. There was a promise this morning on the Weather Channel of a beautiful day but I haven't seen it yet. So, I'm making chili for the family dinner and doing some housework before I can sew. My buffet has five stacks of sewing projects on it and I am tired of seeing it cluttered. I need my own room again but when Al and the children came into our lives I lost my space. I have a huge closet and tall racks and bins for things but it was nice having an entire room to myself. I recently tried to convince Al to let me have the living room. I had a good argument. I told him it gets used rarely as most visitors migrate to our kitchen and dining room and the children have their own spaces. He wouldn't have it. I am not finished with this idea and I hate to give up too easily. I'm hoping my parents show up tonight or tomorrow morning and I'm hoping Mom will like her apron. I'll take a photo on the sly of her in it.
Good News. My ex mother-in-law's chemo is working on her cancer! So, her quilt will be a celebration gift when Mom finishes it.
Bad News. My ex found out yesterday that he is diabetic. He's upset. I had told him months ago that his losing weight quickly was not a good thing. The girls finally harassed him enough to get him into a checkup. They said he wanted to talk about it but they weren't good daughters and didn't want to talk. They are better than that and I have said so before. I'm not going to touch the subject for a few days because all girls, no matter what age, want to think their father is a Superman. I think they are processing and will bounce back in there for him. They were the Best when I was diagnosed so I know they can do it.
God was good to me last night. There wasn't any arguing in the house between children. Praise the Lord and pass the pancakes!
Good News. My ex mother-in-law's chemo is working on her cancer! So, her quilt will be a celebration gift when Mom finishes it.
Bad News. My ex found out yesterday that he is diabetic. He's upset. I had told him months ago that his losing weight quickly was not a good thing. The girls finally harassed him enough to get him into a checkup. They said he wanted to talk about it but they weren't good daughters and didn't want to talk. They are better than that and I have said so before. I'm not going to touch the subject for a few days because all girls, no matter what age, want to think their father is a Superman. I think they are processing and will bounce back in there for him. They were the Best when I was diagnosed so I know they can do it.
God was good to me last night. There wasn't any arguing in the house between children. Praise the Lord and pass the pancakes!
I think H looks like her father but she says she's a good mix of us both.
2 comments:
Glad things were peaceful, if only for a short time. I hope your projects come together well.
As for Hannah, she does look like a mix of you both.
What a peaceful and loving picture of father and daughter. You are so kind and the celebration quilt will be a perfect gift.
Post a Comment