Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Day One

I've had no coffee today. I awoke to the smell of French Vanilla and walked to the kitchen for a cup. I didn't drink the cup I poured. I sat it down. I had one half of a Diet Coke this morning and a BLT. I'm being good but I am so sleepy. I slept all yesterday afternoon and all last night. I didn't even have the strength to focus when H told me she had been written up for kissing (in the hallway at school) until sometime around 9 pm last night. She and K had went out with the ex last night and he signed the "slip" she had brought home. She says it was a peck on the cheek and I believe her since she doesn't really care for the transference of germs between the two of them. I told her the usual "Don't let it happen again." I have a feeling it won't as she is mortified that she got written up and the entire school knows about it. She was still getting texts and calls last night asking about her makeout session at school. Let's just say the child wants to die and I had to drive her to school this morning so she didn't have to face her friends on the bus. I love parenting! I'd love it more with a nice coffee with cream.

Way too much coffee.But if it weren't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever.
David Letterman

2 comments:

Amy McMean said...

Hang in their. This is one habbit I'm glad I never picked up. coffee and smoking. My family loves those two things, not me.

Vickie said...

Be strong! Of course, I say this as I type one-handed with coffee cup in other hand!!!