Friday, April 17, 2009

Nascar Widow


I've been told by other half that tonight I'll be a Nascar widow. I'm okay with that as I have sewing to do. Today the triplets are picking violets for violet jelly. We love this jelly and we generally run out of it somewhere in January so I'm going to make a bigger batch this year. I'll put the recipe on here if anyone is interested and some photos later. The Sun is shining so get outside!

6 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I've never heard of violet jelly. Apparently my education is lacking. :) I have violets growing, though. They come up more and more every year.

Dave King said...

Violet jelly! Is that real? I think I might like to see the recipe... does it include eye of newt? Seriously, though, it might be fun...

Art4Sol said...

How unusual! So pretty to just look at and I bet it's delicious as well!

Rowan said...

What a fabulous colour this jelly is and it must taste wonderful too. I doubt I could find enough violets to make jelly but I'd love to know how it's made.

Jane said...

I just have to taste violet jelly......is that jam to us in the UK?
I can imagine the smell but the taste?
Well it looks beautiful no matter what the taste!

kristi said...

Wow, that is cool and soo pretty!