We had a scary start to yesterday. My parents hydroplaned about 30 minutes from our home and hit a bridge. Luckily, they were fine and the car took all the damage. They spent the night with us but were just a bit nervous the entire visit. They did very little talking with us at all. I'm going to put it all to the accident but they have become pretty close to my sister and her family the last few years and we are out of their loop. We are just so thankful they are fine. They left at daylight. I couldn't even manage to open my eyes and they were gone. That's the way they are. My girls are so used to this they didn't even want to stick around last night. I gave them a 'chew out" over it and they told me basically they were bored. I'm afraid all my mother wanted to do was be on the Internet and my dad wanted to sleep. It was not a good visit but they are healthy and I'm going to focus on that.
I think my mother liked her apron. I hope she did. It turned out very pretty and she did take it home with her. It was a weird day all together and we went to sleep early. I tried to stay up to watch "Most Haunted" but my body couldn't do it. "Most Haunted" is one of the funniest shows that I have ever seen. They scream at everything and replay for sounds that you can never hear. I love seeing all the historical places they visit and hearing about the site's history but that's where the serious side of my interest ends. It just strikes me funny when they start screaming. Is this show for real? I've asked my friends, Mark and Babs, who live in the UK and they say they are serious. I don't know. I watch a number of ghost shows and I am not sure. I've seen and heard ghosts as a child and teenager. I know they are real and I suppose I want to see evidence from others of them existing. None of the other shows strike me funny though.
I'm at work and need to get back to it. I'm hoping everyone is having a lovely weekend. Happy Easter!
2 comments:
I am glad your parents are Ok..they must have been quiet because they had a bit of a shock. Some parents you can never please but you have done your best..hope your children find lots of eggs tomorrow..I have bought my sons skateboards for a change as they have already got lots of eggs from relatives
Oh my goodness....what a scare!! Aren't family dynamics interesting?!! I have a similar situation with my parents and my sister and her husband. It just feels like I'm always trying too hard...uncomfortable to say the least. Just know that you are a lovely and obviously sweet person. We often get more of what we need from those that we choose. Big hugs...
Post a Comment