Well, the dress is finished! No photos as I had to rush it to UPS and over night it. It was a beast to sew. It was slippery and I can't tell you how many times I nearly sewed myself to it. I didn't like it towards the end. It made me angry. It fought to be completed and I was not a happy person. The petticoat and crinoline were the last to be finished and I had to send them with the dress and without the elastic. My mother finished the waistband up yesterday after it arrived. It fit perfectly according to Mom. My niece is a very happy girl and I've decided I haven't the patience for big dresses anymore. Years ago, before children and while married to husband Number One, I did this kind of thing all the time. I'm not up to it any longer.
We had an art Sunday on Mother's Day. My girls and I sat at the dining room table and made journal pages and altered art. It was fun and one of my best Mother's Days ever.
Yesterday was a bad day. Al and I had a meeting with the teacher of the Boy. The Boy said a bad word at school last week in front of a younger classroom and it's teacher. Not good. Al's ex blew it out of proportion later and even threatened to have the teacher fired because I was the person they ended up getting on the phone that day. Now, I am several numbers down on the call list because the ex hates me. I'm okay with this most of the time but I was the only person home the cursing incident happened. Now the ex is insisting that calls be made to only the biological parent. We met with the teacher and principal and the teacher was so rude to me that I actually started crying after we got out the door. I am so hurt. She seems to think that unless you are a child's biological parent the child should not listen to you and you should not parent them. Her exact words were "YOU are here only to be the father's helpmate and nothing more." It is still upsetting me. I asked her what she thought of adoptive parents and she said they still aren't parents. Unless you give birth to them you are not a parent. This crazy woman is teaching two of our children! It doesn't matter if you are already a parent according to her because I am not the mother to my husband's children! I can tell right now I am the best mother they could ever have. I have stability and that is something they have never had with their mother. She moved them nearly 20 times in the first couple of years that Al and I were married. She's been married to a drug user/dealer and now a man who has spent jail time for stealing money from customers. Al and I work hard for them. We want them to grow up to be good people and have meaningful lives. Oh well, we'll get past this but it will not make change my mind about the teacher and I'm happy there are only a few weeks of school left. I can't change what happened yesterday. I wish Al had stood up for me but he didn't. He is one of these people that when he is focused on one thing he stays with it regardless of where the conversation goes. I'm upset with him but it's a pothole in the road and I'll forgive him.
Enough of this because I have a quilt I am working on that I want to finish the blocks so I can show them off. I'll be back.
2 comments:
The hurt will fall off like raindrops as soon as someone gives you a gynormous hug, and words don't have sharp points, more like blunt instruments from 'thick' people... I was very rude to someone yesterday who delivered a salvo of insensitive questions, and I'm just getting over it now, so I'm a fine one to talk! You sound exhausted.
Oh Cathy! I'd be tempted to call the school board and request a sit down with someone higher up. The teacher should not have said that to anyone, especially you. I beg to differ with that teacher's opinion. My husband has been so much more stable and provides for my boys where their dad was always doing something that got him in trouble (too long to mention). I understand and I wish I could help.
(Thanks also for my mother's day card!)
Beth
Post a Comment