Thursday, May 14, 2009

Photos of Maggie







My sister just sent photos of my niece in her dress. I think it looks big on her but they insist she could not have gone a size smaller. Her waist is 26 inches! Is that normal for 10? I can't remember my girls' sizes at 10 but maybe it is. I wish I could have been there to take it in through the bust and sleeves. I'm not happy with the way the petticoat and crinoline look under it and about 100 other things. Why are the sleeves looking loopsided and did it get pressed wrong? Why is the necktwisted? See how I am? I'd have nitpicked it to death. My sister loves it and the play went without a hitch. I am loving Mr. President with Maggie. Is he not too cute with his jacket?

9 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely photos - she looks so sweet! Love Mr President too - I have just been to Washington and seen the White House - one day we couldn't takes photographs as the President was walking his dog in the garden!

Amy McMean said...

I think the dress looks very nice. And in the short amount of time which you did it I think it's great. We always are our worst critics.

Cat said...

I am critical of it but some of the things I couldn't understand with it's looks my mother explained. My mother decided late last night to puff up the sleeves. I knew they looked different. I had sent all the extra fabric with the dress and she made a few changes. It's ok that they did that. Maggie didn't want the neckline the way I sent it and she didn't want to wear the undergarments too poofy. The dresses then were large and she wasn't comfortable with a dress that "round". It's all fine as long as she is happy.

Millie said...

Cathy, your daughter look so pretty and her dress is stunning. You did an awesome job on her dress and to think you just had a few days to make a dress...you get an A Plus.

bethbbk said...

I think you did a great job and you are too hard on yourself. She'll look back on those pictures and be happy.

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello Cathy,
I think your neice looks delightful,so pretty in her dress.x

2smart said...

Just love the dress, as should you!!! Why do we always pull what we do to pieces? Your neice looks great, she loves it and mr president is not reluctant to pose with her is he and he's cute too

Mo said...

She looks lovley

Exmoorjane said...

She obviously adores it which is the main thing. yes, we are always our own worst critics but I reckon you did an amazing job! I am in awe...!!