Sunday, May 31, 2009

They Are Growing Up


Next year, we will have three in high school and three in middle school. I've said it before and I'll say it again that I am so thankful for my children. I watched all my friends and family having children for years before I became pregnant with Hannah and 3 years later with Kate. I would have had another but it didn't happen despite the efforts. I lost one not long after I married Al and I know the Lord intervened. I had cancer and didn't know it. The baby would not have made it at the stage my cancer was at. Things happen for a reason. We aren't always happy with the way our lives work out but it's for a reason. I have four great stepchildren and I wouldn't change anything I've been through in my life. It's all made my a better and more blessed person.
Happy Sunday, Ya'll.

4 comments:

Millie said...

Cathy the girls are defnitely growing up and they are so pretty. 3 in Junior High and 3 in High School...one good thing is you just have to drive to 2 schools.

Cat said...

Amen! I was so sick of travelling the county to three schools! They will all ride the same bus!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am about that. I felt like I could never get anything done with all the travel to and fro on our weeks. Three different schools schedules! I don't know how we did it but we did.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful! And Amen on God's attention to your cancer, Amen for survival!

I like to hear stories of women who make it with lots of kids. We're expecting our second in October.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

What a blessing....my daughter goes to high school next year! Where did time go? My son will be in middle school year after next, reminds me I'm getting older every day. When i was pregnant with my son, was when my cancer started.....I had a lot of troubles with him while preg...miracles to happen!