Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Our Boy Is Home


The vet let Dubh come home yesterday afternoon. I've never seen him so happy as when we left the vet's office. He was beside himself panting and smiling. He smelled to the high heavens too. We drove home with all windows down and the air conditioning on high. I think he was happy to have a bath for once in his life too. He and Donnan had a run right after getting home and a nice dinner. I slept in between the two of them last night as A has gone to another seminar. I've tried to take photos of him but he will not stop moving while he's awake. I believe he has a new appreciation for his family and I know we missed him bunches. The best thing was the vet took pity on us and did not charge us an arm and a leg. I had told her Saturday we may have to sell a child to get him home and she laughed at me. I was frightened but it wasn't too bad and they took very good care of him.


My girls didn't get to school yesterday as the roads were flooded and the bus was stranded. I didn't attempt the drive myself. I have had enough scares driving through high water so I have stopped being stupid. Luckily, the waters receded by mid afternoon and I got to work at the mission for 4 hours before bringing the Dubh home.


Today, I'll not bore you with as I've only been to the grocery and the doctor. My evening on the other hand is going to filled with sewing while watching either "The Inspector Lynley Mysteries" or "American Idol". Tomorrow I'll have some lovely blocks to show and tell!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

YAY for puppy!!!