
Kate's growing up. She has a style of her own. I never imagined having a girl like Kate. I never imagined children. I would have thought, I suppose, that I would have had little preppy girls dressed in pink and green (my two favorite colors growing up) or sports loving boys like all my cousins. I could have had girls like myself that liked to roam the woods, ride dirt bikes, explore rock cliffs and climb onto any roof. My girls do none of my daredevil activities. My girls are creative though. Kate is our potter and sculptress. She is our poet. Our short story writer and drama queen. She loves to sing and she loves V for Vendetta, Phantom of the Opera, any scary movie, and Queen. I really enjoy her and her moodiness and her complete loyalty to the underdog. She was wild when she was small. She never kept her clothing on. I can't tell you how many times we got to church and she didn't have panties or shoes or something missing from her clothing! I can't tell you how I just wanted to die when she learned to write her name one night at church by writing on every surface imaginable in the church or how bad I felt after the older ladies at church took her way to spoil her after I yelled at her. They were her support group after that and her feet rarely touched the ground because she was always on one of their laps. She argues just to argue. She is smart and I loved homeschooling her until she wanted to return to boring middle school. I could never have imagined her or wished for her the way that she is because she is
so much more than I could have ever wanted.
so much more than I could have ever wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment