Friday, February 27, 2009

The Wonder of Meds


Some of us are feeling better. Hannah is still suffering but she is not very good about taking her meds. I am thankful for them and I take them even if it is one that makes me feel worse sometimes. The coughing is still here but oh to breathe. No more fever or aching. Yeah. I'm happy and thankful.
I'm at work and trying to get caught up. It is going to take more time. Today, I am working on daily devotions. It's always busy when it's quarterly time so me being sick was not a good thing.
I want to tell you about a perk I have with my work here at the mission. There are a couple but this is the one I love. I am allowed to bring my dogs if I choose. I don't always but there are days they are good company as I may not see a soul all day. We are in two buildings and I may not see anyone (because of our schedules and there are so few of us - 5) for days. At first, my dogs were company for the seeing-eye dog we had here but now she is gone. Poppy, the working dog, was a bit of a problem and nearly killed my bosses' wife several times acting out. Unfortunately for her, the last incident was in front of the trainers (from her training center) at the National Federation for the Blind convention last summer. She was sent back and has not been replaced yet. My dogs are now spoiled objects of affection. It's okay though because they are quickly put back to normal once we leave. Anyway, I love my bosses for this. It's a blessing. There have been some late nights I have been here that I was so thankful for them being with me and they love it here. It's a good perk. I have very few photos of Poppy with Mike and Barb (my boss and his wife) but I think this one is the best. Poppy looks so happy. We sure do miss her.

1 comment:

Millie said...

I hope you will all get well and have a great week end!