Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day and My Friend Vickie


I love my friend Vickie. She gave me a treat this morning on her site. She is sweet. My stepdaughter, Katherine, is amazed Vickie's hands can make a perfect heart shape. Her blog is Come Away With Me In The Night. She is a wonderful artist and has a grandson I think is a cutie pie. I hope I get some cute grandchildren out of this crew.

I like 3 day weekends. Al and I used to have them every weekend when we first married because he worked 10 hour days 4 days a week for the state. Those beautiful Friday mornings ended when we went to every other week with his children this past year. We were driving all over this county to deliver and pick up children and it was too much for me on my own. Next year, I am hoping we will return to our Fridays off again as all the children will be in one school district with the triplets going to Middle school in our district instead of their mother's. It's something nice to look forward to.

We had a nice Valentine's Day and weekend together. My girls went to friends' homes to sleepovers and we slept. Sad but true. We were tired. I'm not complaining because we like our sleep here.

We have all six back home today and it's just a slow and easy morning with a late breakfast. All is well in our little world.

6 comments:

bethbbk said...

Yea! Sleep is it's own reward. Love that you feel better and have had some rest. And I hope all the kids end up in the same school district for your sake (and sanity).

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

HI Cathy just come to apologise for the absence of a response to your picture blog meme. Our big computer with all the pictures on it has packed up and I am using the laptop, no pictures! Someone is coming to take the main computer away tomorrow so we shall soon learn whether we have lost all our pictures. I know, I know, we should have backed everything up!

Vickie said...

Thank You Sweetie!! You are so kind to me. I am happy to call you friend :)

bethbbk said...

You can write me directly at
beth at bethhunter dot com.
I'd love to hear more about your mother story.

Vickie said...

On my plate today.....NOTHING!! Woo Hoo!! I have a few dishes to wash and light straightening up but for the most part I am kicking back, listening to iTunes and playing in my journal :) What's on yours?

Vickie said...

OMG!!! You are so sweet!!! Email me at catchnteardrops@dragonbrat.com and I will send you my address. I expect to get yours in return!