B is doing better. No fever this morning and another night of sleep. She feels half drunk all the time from the meds but she's not moving around much anyway. I've told her I'll call the gypsies and tell them the deal is off - for now. Everyone else is doing alright for now. Hooray!
Last night, A took A2 and the Boy to see the Kingsmen gospel quartet. We love the Kingsmen and a friend of ours, Bryan Hutson, sings with them. Bryan used to be the Praise and Worship Minister at our old church but had to leave when he and his wife divorced. The Church of Christ likes marriages to appear to be in order. Appearances are big with the Churches of Christ or at least the ones I am familiar with. He and his wife were ill-suited. She told me that enough times herself. Bryan is a great guy and a fantastic singer. If you ever get a chance to see them please do because they are awesome. When Bryan sang at our church, you could feel the presence of God. I am amazed at how artists can make you feel with paint,song, music, poetry and story. It is a true gift.
8 comments:
Hi Cathy
The wool works certainly is a place to find hidden treasure! I'm playing with finds this afternoon, making felt.
Hi, Cathy - thanks for posting the Kingsmen. They are terrific. I am familiar with them through the Gaither Jubilate in Charlotte on New Years Eve. Now that is an event that leaves you walking on air by the close of the night.
I love Gaither Homecomings! Bryan knows so many in the gospel world and some of them came to our church to sing when they were coming thru town. We really miss him and his friends. His lead in God Ran gives me chills. Bryan puts all of himself and his faith into his singing. He is a real sweetheart.
You know. Bryan is just a regular guy but has that amazing gift of his voice and faith. He was there for me when I divorced my ex when so many times my faith was tested and my heart. He kept me from selfishly thinking of killing myself more than once. Divorce is a hard thing but harder when you belonged to my church. i own him alot for his friendship
Kingsmen: wonderful. Here's to Becca though, may she continue to improve.
My goodness...you have had quite a time with illness! So glad to hear that almost everyone is up and about and on the mend. Hope Becca feels completely well soon and that you manage to find a bit of time for creating. Thank you for your constant and wonderful support of my artwork.
Hi Cathy!
Wanted to welcome you, I see you stopped by my selling blog, prim4Him-needfulthings! :)
I have another blog so don't forget to visit there too! prim4Him.blogspot.com :)
I will sit down & peruse your blog later tonight, looks wonderful, also looks like you have your hands full! :)
Again...Welcome! xoxoL~
Hi there Cathy, thanks for visiting, and it's been fun to find out more about you. You sound like you are busy! :-)
Post a Comment