Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I normally don't make them. I stay clear of them because I will fall short and be depressed. Not this year. This year I am making a "Wish List". I already have over 20 things listed on it and it's just for me to refer back to. Nothing that others can look back to and say "Well, that never happened!" And yes, I have those kind of people in my life and you know who you are.
I figure I will just transfer those "wishes" still relevent at the end of the year to next year's list.
I feel positive about this.
For those who don't know me very well, I've been married three times. Husband Number One was my college sweetheart who decided after five years of marriage that he was "confused". That's all I can say on that one although he did call right before Thanksgiving 2008 and apologize for "everything". I'm ok with that. Husband Number Two was a man I met about a month before my divorce papers from Number One were signed. Married 11 years, he fathered my daughters and he never stopped DATING in all those years. He is one of "those" who needs to always be in the "chase". I bring this up because Husband Number Three and I are getting close to our 4th year of marriage. Unlike One and Two, I did not choose Three. We were friends. We respected each other and always treated each other well. We knew our limits and held to them for a long time. Three, Al, says he never really had loved someone before until me. There's a comfort level with us that I never had with One and Two. It was like God decided I could no longer be trusted with my heart and he intervened to save me from screwing up again. Awkard at first. Yes. Going from friends to spouses and quickly. Al felt he needed to marry me immediately. He felt a need to care for me and my girls. We dated officially two months. That's it. Nine months later, I find out I have stage two bladder cancer. I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't let God think for me and make that hasty decision. I didn't second guess HIM. He gave me exactly who and what I needed and I never even asked. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

What a lovely post. You are lbessed, and even more so because you realize it.

Happy New Year to you and you husband. May you have long years together.