

I'd just like to say that one year ago my daughters thought I was the biggest loser ever for having a Facebook account. Speed forward a bit and those same daughters live on Facebook. I have to be honest and say I was rarely on Facebook until a few months ago. Now, all my old high school classmates are asking to be friends and chatting with them is fun.
My 30 year high school reunion is closing in on me. I have mixed emotions about going. I didn't go to the ten year reunion. I was at a very special dinner with one of the partners of husband #1's law firm. It was all about being offered partnership and husband #1 would not go to a reunion dinner with that on the line and I wouldn't let him down. What a wasted opportunity to see my friends. By the time our 20 year reunion came along, a good friend had died and it hit home I needed to see these people even if it was every 10 years. Don't get me wrong. I have people I talk to all the time from high school but you could count them one hand and I'm happy this way but it was hard when I heard friend had died of an overdose. I hadn't seen him since college and then just in passing. When we ran into each other we would take up from where we left off. It was comfortable. Later, he joined a band. A very popular one and while doing a concert his cocaine use caught up with him. I don't approve of drugs. I don't remember him ever doing them but people change. We grow up. We get jobs. We have families and move forward ......kinda. I have loved talking to old friends on Facebook and this makes me want to see them again. Some of them are still funny, still loving and still genuine. I found out last week that another friend had passed away from cancer. My girlfriend (whom I've known since birth practically) told me about it and asked if I was going to this reunion. My answer was so strange. I told her I felt I had to because who knew who would be gone after another 10 years. I was almost of of those not here for this reunion. When did I become my mother? That is something she would say and it came smoothly out of my mouth. Gosh, getting old is sure crappy sometimes. I have until August to decide if I am going to this reunion. I think I can manage a decision in that time and I am having a great time catching up with my old friends.
4 comments:
Personally I couldn't think of anything worse! I wouldn't want people to see how dreadful I look! LOL xxx
Wonderful photos! I remember when my hair looked like that too!
If I had to choose between my high school reunion and instant execution, I would have to think about that for a minute, and I'm not really sure what my answer would be.
(yes, I was one of *those* at school...)
:-P
i live on facebook. it's a sickness
Time is fleeting and you just never know what is going to happen. You should go!! Have fun!!
Post a Comment