Friday, January 01, 2010

One Hundred Books!


Well, I did it and on time. I was having a hard time remembering everything I had read before August. The librarian suggested I do a walk through the library to help me jog my memory. I'm in there nearly every week but I get a good half of my books from other branches. I read some of the Science Fiction that I had picked up and I made the 100 books required for my new gold library card! I can honestly say I read so many books while I was stuck in my office (during the power outage) that I was amazed with myself. I do not want to read another romance for a long, long time. I read several and after a while my brain felt numb. I'm not saying they were all bad. I even put little stars and such on my list as I read to give them ratings. I'm not a romance girl. I'm a murder and mayhem girl so I'm back to my mysteries for a while.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Books, Cathy. What would we do without them, especially on cold dark days at this time of the year. Happy New Year to you all.

Heather said...

Congratulations on reading 100 books. I was glad to finish my goal of 30, the internet seems to cut into my reading time. :)

Happy New Year.

Jackie said...

Congratulations. And a Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. As old as I am and travelled and all the rest, a local library is still always my favourite place.