Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Loneliness

I have friends my age unmarried or married and suffering from loneliness. Oh, we have coworkers, friends and family that we connect to. It's not the same. Need for a connection to a someone is there but no way to fill it. I fill my life with the girls. I watch them maturing in amazement. I see them discovering the dynamics of life at a new level. They aren't my little Barbie/Bratz playing girls any longer. They have curves and know it. I hear snippets of conversations about "hot" guys and I smile. They are beginning to really listen to the lyrics of songs and not just the beat. They notice more than I give them credit. They know I am lonely. So, I am getting encouraged by my own daughters to join "clubs"....LOL. "Club" of choice for them right now is the D.A.R. I mentioned years ago my interest and they have remembered that. I am putting together the paper work. We will see what happens. I have clear lines in three different directions. Hannah wants to join too. She'll be 18 next month and is interested.

1 comment:

Millie said...

Joining a "club" sounds good...I hope you will have fun at DARE. Is Hanna almost 18?