Friday, November 06, 2009

A Quiet Week And Then....


I had to start watching the news again and see what happened at Fort Hood. I couldn't stop watching the updates last night. I can't begin to imagine why this man did what he did. I know that taking another person's life is wrong and my heart is breaking for all involved. The media will feed on this for who knows how long and I am pulled back into watching something that depresses me. When is information too much information?


We had a quiet week this past week. Grades came home yesterday. Nothing to worry about there. Someone is stealing gas in our neighborhood and lost their wallet doing it so the police are on that. I worked on an applique quilt top, sorted through a desk full of papers my Ex has never moved to his home and "cleaned" files from both computers. The remainder of my week has been homemaking. Fairly boring and pretty nice.
We are alone this weekend! No children! I have no idea what we will do but I'm so excited to be childless for two days. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Miss you.....

The Weaver of Grass said...

Cathy I am fascinated by that dear little dog doing all that licking. Is he a pug? I used to own one - he was a dear little dog.
Have a good weekend.

Cat said...

Weaver, It is a pug. I saw this widget somewhere and fell inlove with it. We have a small dog that is part pug and he is the sweetest and softest boy. He doesn't have the nose but he still snorts!

Millie said...

Cathy, I am fascinated with the cute little dog too. Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Millie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll be having a restful time no matter what! I assume you're feeling better now so enjoy your rewards and treats, you deserve these.