Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Cake Club


Our ninth graders have joined the Cake Club at school. Has anyone heard of this club before? What is it? It's all about cake. They eat cake! They eat cake several times a month and different kinds of cake! What I want to know now is why this club did not exist at my high school when I was their age and why I can't have access to one now?! I would have forgone French Club and Library Club for Cake Club! The cost is very reasonable as well at $1.00 a month and the initiation is to carry a piece of cake for an entire school day and not eat it. Yes, I would fail the initiation but I think I could make it until maybe..... 10am if we started at 9:45. Maybe. These girls have no idea how lucky they are. Sigh.....

3 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

First iPhones, then the Jonas Brothers, now this. Damn I was born the wrong year. LOL

I used to be the librarian for a cookery school -- there are people making a *very* good living from cake! So it makes sense to make it a high school club... I'm sure they'll have no shortage of members anyhow.

Anonymous said...

This is a pregnant woman's dream. See I would have been more of a joiner had they had good clubs like this when I was in school.

bethbbk said...

How cool! I, too, would fail the initiation. Hope your girls have fun.