Monday, August 03, 2009

ChiChi, My LapTop And Sunday Dinner






We love our animals in this house - human, canine and feline. I have a big soft spot for Hannah's dog ChiChi. He is a big mess mentally but a big cuddler too. Hannah bought him while I was in Cleveland Clinic for my surgery. He was at a shelter near my parent's home in Kentucky and she fell for him pretty hard when she saw him. ChiChi had been abused and was skiddish and pitiful. Hannah is just like her mother and thinks she must save the world. ChiChi became a member of our family from then on.
My first encounter with ChiChi was my first day home from the hospital and he peed all over me. It took us well over a year to get him to calm down and stop doing that. He has seizures and we have no idea why but we deal with them. He has become my baby. All of our dogs are my babies but Chi is my CuddleBug. This is not really a tribute to Chi but more of a lead in because he was number two dog on my list for a few hours this weekend. Chi is jealous of the laptop. He tries to lay on it, jump on it, get between it and whomever is on it. He's bad about it. Saturday, I left it sitting on my bed and he threw up all over it. He had an entire bed at his disposal but he chose the keyboard of the laptop. It wasn't even a real kinda sick it was clear like he made himself do it. Am I imagining this? Could he have done this on purpose? Luckily, we just need to replace the keyboard but he is a bad boy and he seems to have no remorse whatsoever. Sigh...






I decided Sunday morning that we would take a road trip to Kentucky to eat Sunday dinner at a diner I had seen on "Diners, Drive ins, and Dives". Al and were I excited to go there and the girls graced us with their lovely selves begrudgingly. It took a little over an hour to get there and we were starving. It was crowded but not standing room only. It was a hole in the wall but it was clean. The menu looked good. We all found something we wanted and ordered. We sat there for over an hour before Al walked over to inquire on our food. People were being served all around us and we had our drinks and nothing more. Our waitress literally kept disappearing and when our food finally came to the table it was....well a 3 on the 1-10 scale at best. Most everything tasted as if it had come straight from a can or had been cooked until there wasn't any flavor left. The only reason and I do mean ONLY reason I gave it a 3 was because after the bad dinner I ordered the pie that the show had mentioned. That one piece of pie was pure heaven. It was homemade with a flaky crust. The filling and topping to die for. Sadly, that pie was there only saving grace and we told them so. I felt bad for ever suggesting we go there. How would I have known it would be so bad?



Shame on you Guy! I am not sure I can believe you when you "toot your horn" about a place any longer. Unless.....it's about their pie!

2 comments:

Blind Fly Theater said...

It's so good of you to take in such an injured creature and nurse him back to health. I can see why you've taken a shine to him... that face! Another guess is that your own past health problems have heightened your compassion for ChiChi.
And about the food at the diner... Guy's show does have the word "Dives" in the title... ;). I can only guess that if the crew has traveled far to get to a place like this, it is in their best interest to find the good (and you can bet the restaurant was especially attentive that day!)
I guess you'll just be watching the show from now on instead of seeking out, huh!? LOL. It is good to be a "foodie", though, isn't it? I like watching shows like this.
Good to be back with friends like you, Cathy!
David

Acornmoon said...

I can see why you love him, he looks so cute. Maybe he would make a good case study for "The Dog Whisperer" ;-)